Store Manager Position Description
The Store Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the store by focusing on the processing of donations and customer experience. Supervises staff and volunteers to ensure store revenue goals are met and store is merchandised as a welcoming shopping experience for the community. The Manager is part of the store leadership team and shares in the development and execution of the Adelante Thrift vision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Staff recruitment, training, and performance management.
Volunteer training, performance management, and recognition.
Schedule staff and volunteers to arrange proper coverage for store operations.
Receive donations and process inventory according to established guidelines.
Develop department coordinators and ensure merchandising is complete.
Manage off-site inventory and warehouse.
Establish a high-level of customer service within a multi-cultural community and resolve all customer complaints.
Develop and uphold processes and policies for efficiency and effectiveness.
Work in coordination with the Executive Director to establish and maintain excellent operations and serve in the Director’s absence.
Other duties, as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- 1-2 years of retail or customer service management experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Understanding of inventory control
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Google drive or Microsoft Office Applications, and ability to quickly learn and troubleshoot inventory management/POS software and peripherals.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Fluency in English (oral, written, and interpersonal communication) required. Ability to communicate in Spanish or Nepali a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment. Skilled at team building and motivating staff and volunteers.
- Must uphold Mission Adelante’s “Essentials of the Faith” (see http://www.missionadelante.org/beliefs/). Previous Mission Adelante volunteer experience a plus.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a verified safe driving record.
- Ability to safely lift 50 pounds.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health stipend, paid time off, and company contribution to retirement plan. To apply, send resume to email@example.com. Store Manager must start by February 17, 2015.