STock Associate Position Description
The Stock Associate helps achieve the mission of Adelante Thrift by maintaining a clean, organized, and well merchandised sales floor. This position will work with a team of staff and volunteers to create a welcoming thrift opportunity for our community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help unload donations from trucks.
- Make sure each item marked for the sales floor is in saleable condition and properly priced.
- Work with team of Department Coordinators to organize and stock departments by factors determined by the Store Manager and Department Coordinators.
- Help maintain an organized, safe, and clean back of store.
- Assist with transferring and receiving items from the warehouse.
- Provide excellent customer service while on sales floor and make sure customer’s needs are met if Stock Associate is unable to help.
- Maintain dressing rooms.
- Other duties, as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to safely lift 50 lbs, stand for long periods of time, as well as bend, stoop reach, and walk unassisted.
- Visual acuity to correctly stock items to corresponding department.
- Past retail experience a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment with a team made of staff and volunteers.
- Conversational in English (oral, written, and interpersonal communication) required.
- Willingness to cross-train on other functions of the store team a plus.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
This is a part-time (22 hours per week) position. Salary is $8.00 an hour. Paid holidays. No other benefits available for part-time positions.
Successful candidate must be available to start training on March 3, 2015.