Production Associate Position Description
The Production Associate helps achieve the mission of Adelante Thrift by receiving and processing donations according to established procedures. This position will work with a team of staff and volunteers to pick-up donations from locations across the community and screen all donated good for sales floor quality, and divide donations into the correct departments, item type, sizes, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help pick-up and unload donations from trucks.
- Review quality of items to ensure only saleable merchandise is marked for the sales floor.
- Follow established procedures to sort items by department, item type, size, and other factors determined by the Production Manager.
- Help maintain an organized, safe, and clean back of store.
- Assist with transferring and receiving items from the warehouse.
- Other duties, as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to safely lift 50 lbs, stand for long periods of time, as well as bend, stoop reach, and walk unassisted.
- Visual acuity to sort items according to department, type, size, and color.
- Past warehouse or retail experience a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment with a team made of staff and volunteers.
- Basic verbal communication in English required.
- Willingness to cross-train on other functions of the store team a plus.
- Driver’s license with safe driving record and valid insurance.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
This is a part-time (20-24 hours per week) position. Salary is $8.00/hour. Paid holidays. No other benefits available for part-time positions.