Volunteer: An opportunity for everyone!
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
Serve weekly or monthly with your group, or join up with others from our community who are serving together. We will train you, connect you with a team, and get you in the game quickly. Opportunities exist in:
- Sorting/Pricing: Receiving, sorting, and placing an initial price on donated items.
- Repairing Items: Make minor repairs to donated electronics, furniture, and other items.
- Driving/Loading Trucks: Make donation pick-ups throughout the Kansas City community.
- Stocking: Putting items on the floor according to department.
- Sales: Assist on the sales floor and provide a great customer service experience at checkout.
- Department Coordinator: Help lead a team of volunteers to sort, price, and merchandise a department on the sales floor.
- Hospitality Team: Greet customers, read books in our children's corner, and assist customers with taking their purchases to their car.
- Job Readiness: Helping equip members from our community with the skills they need to thrive in the American marketplace.
- Web Design: Help manage our online presence.
Occasional or One-time Project Opportunities
Adelante Thrift has the perfect opportunity to get your feet wet in urban ministry in a team environment. Every Saturday we have special project opportunities for groups and individuals who are looking for entry-level service roles with the opportunity to go deeper later. We also have one-time service opportunities on other days of the week. To sign up for a project day or to serve for an hour or two in your spare time fill out this form. Have an idea for a service project? Contact us.
Donation Drive COORDINATOR
Want to mobilize your church, business, neighborhood, or group to support Adelante Thrift? Coordinate a donation drive! We are always in need of merchandise to stock our store. Your drive can be designed around your community's capacity and interests. We have marketing materials, sample social media text, and more, to help make your drive as easy as possible.
Check out the following ideas:
- Targeted donation drives: Coordinate donation drives at different times during the year for specific items like winter coats, school uniforms, or baby clothes.
- Regular collection days: Build a team in your community that coordinates regular collection days for thrift items right at your own site.
- Post garage sale round-up: Does your neighborhood hold an annual garage sale? Don't put that unsold stuff back in the garage! Organize a post garages sale drop-off at Adelante Thrift.
- Business partners: Show your customers and employees you care! Hold a donation drive at your business and you can even provide a team building experience to your employees by volunteering together when you deliver your donations. We also accept unsold inventory from businesses and can provide a donation receipt for tax purposes.
- Become a monthly drop-off site: Take collaboration to the next level by becoming one of our monthly drop-off sites. We will coordinate with your team to make sure each aspect of a donation drive is covered. Members from your community can even help us deliver, unload, sort and stock the items you have collected!