sales Associate Position DEscription
The Sales Associate helps achieve the mission of Adelante Thrift by providing exceptional service to customers on the sales floor and accurately processing sales through the point of sale system. This position will work with a team of staff and volunteers to create a welcoming thrift location for our community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcome customers to the store and help answer questions about merchandise and our pricing model.
- Assist in maintaining dressing rooms and facilitating donation drop offs.
- Provide excellent service at the point of sale while accurately entering all purchases into the point of sale system.
- Help maintain an organized, safe, and clean sales floor.
- Assist Production Associates and volunteers in keeping the sales well merchandised by providing support in the production area.
- Other duties, as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Past retail or customer service experience a plus.
- Friendly, helpful, customer-centered attitude.
- Ability to ring items in a computer based point of sale system and count change.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment with a team made of staff and volunteers.
- Intermediate proficiency in English (oral, written, and interpersonal communication) required. Ability to communicate in Spanish, Nepali, Burmese, or Chin a plus.
- Willingness to cross-train on other functions of the store team a plus.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
This is a part-time (20-24 hours per week) position. $8.00-$9.00/hr, depending on experience. Paid holidays. No other benefits available for part-time positions.